Monday, December 13, 2010

Of a fall and breaks

There is truly someone up there who decides who gets a break and when, no matter what we puny mortals have planned for.

A surgery. An MRI scan. A CT scan. an ultrasound. an X-Ray. A spinal headache, countless injections, countless tablets.

I have had it all in the past week. An experience enough for a lifetime!

It has been 10days since I fell from scooty and went through unspeakable pain. After a knee joint fracture and a surgery to fix it, now that I have been forced to stay in bed for the next 5 weeks, I am quite relieved. The worst has passed and now is the time for resting and for healing.  After recently turning an year older and (hopefully) wiser, I haven't had the heart to ask 'why me?' but have thought 'if it has to be me, so be it!'. That has given me courage to carry on and have faith in myself.

To avoid turning my top shelf from becoming a devil's workshop, I became member of Just Books today (with due permission from my doctor of course!) and I am feeling like a kid in a candy store. Within minutes of becoming a member, I have 2 dozen books in my reading queue. I am really really happy to have got a breathing space, I realise how much I have missed reading fiction. I am breathlessly waiting for the first batch of books to arrive tomorrow. I am going for a vacation, to the world of make believe, a world which some others imagined and brought to life, a world full of action, romance, thriller, horror and happiness.

And oh ya, in all the madness, I am truly very very happy to have become a proud aunt of a beautiful nephew :) :). I wish I could be with my sister and nephew instead of here. Other than that, this break (not the bone break, the rest) is most welcome. I don't think I have had this much free time since I started working.

Happy reading and happy getting well soon - to me :-)

P.S. All belated birthday gifts and get well soon gifts are being accepted now ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Get well soon akka. How you doing now?