Thursday, December 03, 2009

Peace, finally!

As this post comes to you, I am sitting on a cozy couch in a beautiful home just off Birmingham. I am here in England enjoying my well deserved vacation(that's what I tell myself anyway). I have the entire day for myself and I am here watchng BBC Breakfast and blogging away. The curse of being a software engineer!

The temperature is 2 degrees today. Its windy and is raining outside. I don't envy those who have to be outside in this weather :-). All those instructions I got back home are coming handy. Though I haven't been out in the open much, I haven't had to use my gloves so far, and that's an achievement for me. For a first timer, I am doing all right here (I guess). I have people asking me if the train stops in certain stations, and I am answering their queries... ;-). I am a natural!

I am being pampered by my hosts, being taken care of in a manner fit for a queen. And then there are two very good kids at home, especially a cute cuddly, very talkative 4 year old, who has been teaching me to count to ten in French. (Oh Yes!!). Today I am just relaxing at home and then off for shopping in the evening. Tomorrow, I plan to set on foot for some exploration on my own. So far, so good.

No comments: